With each step you take on your journeys, you are traveling with your shoes to each new place. Your shoes are always there with you taking you where you want to go. It may sound childish, however my shoes inspired me to write a poem about the destinations and discoveries they have traveled to see. I hope you enjoy it.
White Flowered Sandals
White flowered sandals
old and worn
with edges frayed and torn.
White flowered sandals
took me far; to sites new and old
collecting stories to be told.
White flowered sandals
tossed aside on the sand
brushed by the waves reaching toward the land.
White flowered sandals
on a voyage with me
running and jumping with the world to see.
White flowered sandals
on my feet
with places to go and people to meet.
White flowered sandals
learning and discovering along the way,
a journey, not a destination, is what makes it a great day.
Sometimes all you need is to consider simple objects in a new perspective to be inspired for a writing piece. Remember to enjoy every journey along the way. The destination does not matter if you make the most of the time you have getting there.
I hope my poem showed you that although they are just shoes to some people, to me, my white flowered sandals hold opportunities to discover new places and a means to travel by.
I love my frayed white flowered sandals and all of the journeys we have shared.
-Midnight Writer
I really liked reading your poem! It's great that you turned such an ordinary object into an extraordinary piece of writing. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Thanks for your comment! I love hearing your thoughts!
DeleteHappy Blogging!
-Midnight Writer
I love how the lines rhyme. Sometimes I think we all need to just pause and admire and appreciate our mundane objects. They all need some recognition!
ReplyDeletekassicalife.blogspot.com
Thank you for that insight, Kassica!
DeleteHappy Blogging!
-Midnight Writer
I love it! :D
ReplyDeleteVery inspiring now i shall go and pick up my notebook and start writing again.
This amazing poem you have written,has made me realize a few things I hadn't really thought about before.
ReplyDeleteIt flows so well together,I love the positive rhythm and clever rhyming.
Thank you so much! I'm so glad I could help!
DeleteThanks for commenting! I love hearing your thoughts.
-Midnight Writer