Total Pageviews

May 23, 2012

All the Colors of the Rainbow

Have you ever noticed how a color can influence your mood?
Often times people associate yellow with happiness, blue with sadness, red for anger, and so on.
However, a color can represent various emotions. You can use colors to paint a picture in the reader's mind and to set the mood for the scene.

"The whole world, as we experience it visually, comes to us through the mystic realm of color. Our entire being is nourished by it. This mystic quality of color should likewise find expression in a work of art."
-Hans Hofmann

Make art with your colors. Be fun, creative, and genuine. Paint a picture using paint or even words. Don't be afraid to be unique and original. Don't be afraid to be YOU!

Fun Fact: Did you know that rainbows are actually CIRCLES and we only see a part of it because of the horizon?

Use colors in your writing to create a whole new world for your reader to imagine and explore. Be as crazy and ridiculous as possible. Don't be afraid to take risks. Remember to use colors all over as sensory imagery and to establish a mood.
I hope this inspires the rainbow of colors in you!

-Midnight Writer

6 comments:

  1. I love this message! Colors really do influence a lot in life.
    The fact about the rainbow was also cool!

    notebookfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if a person's favorite colors reveals something about their personality or spirit... What do you think?

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love your point, Kassica! This may be true. My sister's favorite color is yellow and she is very bright and energetic. My favorite color is blue...I wonder if that reveals anything about my personality...

      Ooh, this got me thinking!

      Delete
    2. Great idea Kassica! Thanks for the insight Jill! That is definitely something to think about!
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! I love to hear your comments!
      Happy Blogging!

      -Midnight Writer

      Delete
  3. Hey! I passed the sunshine award to your blog! Check out my post for more info...

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Congrats on receiving it yourself! Your posts are always bright and cheery!

      -Midnight Writer

      Delete

Add a comment and share with me all of YOUR thoughts!