"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-Andre Gide
"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward."
-C. S. Lewis
Both of the these quotes focus on the same main concept; accepting your past in order to move forward.
This is a message I have expressed before. Life is truly too short to focus on mistakes and fears. You must take chances and explore new opportunities, moving forward towards a bright new beginning.
Everyone has made mistakes. Everyone has regrets. The path of life is full of twists and turns, but accepting the choices you have made is crucial for a new start.
Have you ever played back a moment in your head, imagining what you would have done differently?
I know that I have.
Moving forward can be hard, but you have to keep in mind that what's done is done. There is no going back.
Picture your self on the monkey bars, swinging indecisive on a middle rung. You've gone too far to go back, but you can see the way ahead. What do you do?
Making the choice not to look back, but to continue forward is what change and moving on to a fresh start is all about.
You can't change your past; you can only accept it.
-Midnight Writer
I totally agree that life is too short to dwell on things that have already happened that cannot be changed. I do sometimes regret what I've done or wish I would have done something differently but i think it's worth it to learn how to move on. It will save you a lot of time and energy.
ReplyDeletekassicalife.blogspot.com
Great point, Kassica! I'm glad you found this post inspiring :)
DeleteThanks so much for sharing your thoughts with me! I love hearing from you!
-Midnight Writer
Hey Midnight Writer! I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! Check out my blog post!
Deletekassicalife.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for nominating me! I really appreciate it! :)
DeleteCongrats on getting the award yourself!
Keep up the good work and Happy Blogging!
-Midnight Writer
Two beautiful quotes that really resonated with me. I find it hard to let go of bad choices I made but I'm going to keep these two in mind.Rx
ReplyDeletehttp://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/
I'm so glad you found these quotes motivational!
DeleteThank you for your thoughts! It is gratifying to know that my posts made a difference!
Don't live in the past, accept it and move on!
Happy blogging! :)
-Midnight Writer
those two quotes are really good. They have indpired me to move on. I have found it hard to focus on the future recently, as I regret the bad choices that I may of made in the past. Though the quotes are very motivational, espeically the one by C.S Lewis.
ReplyDeletethanx x
http://charlie-teenagewish.blogspot.co.uk/